The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is an information security standard for organisations that handle cardholder information, principally for major credit and debit cards.
Defined by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, the standard was created to reduce credit card fraud by ensuring that merchants meet minimum levels of security when they store, process and transmit cardholder data.
PCI DSS covers a number of different aspects including requirements for security management, policies, procedures, network architecture, software design and other critical protective measures.
If you process, store or transmit credit or debit card information, you are probably well aware of your commitments to PCI DSS, the heavy fines for non-compliance as well as the consequences for your business if your ability to provide merchant services is put at risk.
Vtesse Cirrus has recently achieved PCI DSS certification at its Hoddesdon data centre facility for two of the 12 separate PCI DSS ‘control objectives’, both of which improve an organisation’s capacity to secure customer data within a facility. This includes requirement nine, restricting physical access to cardholder data; and requirement 12, maintaining a policy that addresses information security. While you will still need to obtain your own PCI DSS certification, the fact that our facility has already met the standard should reduce the lead-time and associated costs in achieving it.
- PCI DSS compliant public co-location racks as well as private suites available.
- Optional caged areas for additional security.
- Provide your own PCI DSS compliant racks or we can provide them for you.
- Multiple customisation options available to meet your specific security requirements.
- CCTV recording provided as standard for public co-location racks.
- Additional access controls, including mandatory escorted visits to racks and suites.
- Biometric authentication such as facial recognition or finger print scanning available for private suite access.
- Enhanced remote hands services available.
- A commitment from Vtesse to maintain PCI DSS for the duration of your contract, including undertaking annual audits and penetration testing.
- Reduced risks around moving or establishing your IT facility as you know we have the certification before you contract with us.
- Reduced time delays in moving or establishing your IT infrastructure as PCI DSS is already available at our facility.
- Reduced costs around achieving & maintaining PCI DSS compliance for your business as we already meet two of the standards at our facility.