With the advent of the cloud, IT infrastructure is becoming more responsive to demand and customers are increasingly seeking to pay for what they use rather than be bound by fixed monthly fees. Optical Flex is our new high bandwidth service delivered over our ROADM network and designed to provide data centre customers with a great degree of flexibility from their network connectivity.
Order high bandwidth optical capacity between key data centres in London and the South East of England and we will offer unlimited shifts of the circuit to other ROADM data centre locations and we won’t ask you to sign a new contract. There is simply an affordable one-time charge each time you shift a circuit and what’s more, if you need to change the protocol of the service, say from Fibre Channel to Ethernet, we’ll make that change for you too at no additional charge.
Maybe you need short-term capacity for a specific project or you have decided to radically change your data centre network mid-contract; you may have suffered a major outage and want to re-think your existing topology. Optical Flex can help with all of these challenges by allowing you to move capacity around your network swiftly, cost effectively and with no contract extension so all of your procurement cycles remain aligned.
- Shift circuits to another ROADM location as many times as you like during contract – in just 15 working days with no extension of contract required.
- 1GbE or 10Gbps capacity – Fibre Channel, OTN or Ethernet.
- Single low one-time move charge.
- Change protocols for free at same speed: Fibre Channel to Ethernet; OTN to Ethernet.
- Includes many major London/M25 data centres.
- Future-proof your network: reduce the risk of spiralling costs if your needs change mid-contract.
- Make your business more agile and achieve competitive advantage by flexing your data centre network to meet new business demands.
- Improve your network disaster recovery: rapidly re-configure your data network to get a new site up and running in 15 working days.
- Avoid additional costs and reduced bargaining power when your procurement cycles get out of sync.